The annual release of the Van Winkle bourbons will begin in November.
“The result is less 15 year-old Pappy Van Winkle than usual, and far less 20 year-old and 23 year-old,” said Kris Comstock, Van Winkle bourbon marketing director “Frankly, about half as much as last year.”
The highly coveted Van Winkle collection consists of several whiskeys. Suggested retail prices are:
- $49.99 – Old Rip Van Winkle Handmade Bourbon 10 Year Old 107 proof
- $59.99 – Van Winkle Special Reserve Bourbon 12 Year Old
- $99.99 – Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye Whiskey 13 Year Old
- $79.99 – Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 15 Year Old
- $149.99 – Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 20 Year Old
- $249.99 – Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 23 Year Old
“Although a lot of retailers charge more than our suggested pricing, we are not asking them to do so,” said Julian Van Winkle, president, Old Rip Van Winkle Distillery. “We have not raised prices and do not intend to do so drastically in the future.”
The Van Winkle line of whiskeys has won a multitude of awards through the years, including the 15-year-old being named “Excellent/highly recommended” in the 2014 Ultimate Spirits Challenge; the 20 year-old awarded “Extraordinary/ultimate recommendation” in the 2013 Ultimate Spirits Challenge; a double gold for the 20 year-old in the 2014 San Francisco World Spirits Competition; and the Chairman’s Trophy and “Extraordinary/Ultimate Recommendation” for the 20 year-old in the 2015 Ultimate Spirits Challenge.
Supplies are quite limited and bottles will be hard to find in stores, bars and restaurants. They will be packed three bottles per case.