Every day, countless citizens volunteer their time and effort assisting those in need. At this time of the year, it is especially appropriate to give thanks to those charitable organizations and their staff and volunteers who devote their time.
Therefore, the Sky Ranch Foundation and Sky Ranch for Boys — which are run by alcohol-industry leaders, and have provided $1,117,394 in grants to organizations providing support for at-risk youth — wish to recognize and thank the Foundation Executive Committee, Senior Advisory Committee and Directors of Sky Ranch Foundation , all in the beverage alcohol industry, for their years of service:
- Executive Committee of the Board and Vice Presidents: Peggy Donovan, Secretary (retired-Wirtz Beverage Group), Mike Donohoe, (retired-Jim Beam Distilling), Barry Becton, DIAGEO, John Bodnovich, American Beverage Licensees and Bill Slone, Beverage Media Group.
- George Suttles, Foundation Officer and Dori Bryant, Director of Partnership Development.
Senior Advisory Committee members: Steve Bellini, Sidney Frank Importing Co., Dr. Peter Cressy, Distilled Spirits Council of the U.S. (DISCUS), Bill Earle, National Association of Beverage Importers (NABI), Raymond R. Herrmann, Jr., Charmer-Sunbelt Group, Gerry Ruvo, Campari America and Craig Wolf, Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America (WSWA).
- Directors: Tim Condron, Agave Loco, Donna Hood Crecca, Technomic Inc., Don Pydo, Wirtz Beverage Group, Aura Reinhardt, Bacardi, Jack Shea, Pernod Ricard USA, Jody Slone-Spitalnik, Beverage Media Group and Suzanne Riga, Greens Beverages (retired).
Sky Ranch encouragse everyone to get involved and to lend support to Sky Ranch Foundation and the recipients of 2015 grants:
- Boys and Girls Club of Rosebud, SD
- Boys’ & Girls’ Towns of Italy, MY
- Boys and Girls Haven, KY
- Pacific Lodge Youth Services, CA
- Peninsula Outreach Programs Inc. Conductive Education Centers of California (POPS Kids), CA
- Club for Boys Foundation, SD
- Red Hook Initiative, NY
- ‘sacred’ Sexually Abused Children Relief Endeavor, KS
- SOS Childrens’ Villages, IL
- Urban Initiatives, IL
- Wounded Warriors Family Support, NE (in association with DISCUS)
Formed in 1961, Sky Ranch is a tax-exempt charitable organization committed to identifying and offering grants to efficient and effective programs focused on improving the quality of help available to these youth.
Sky Ranch is governed by a board of directors comprised mainly of active and retired members of the beverage alcohol industry. The Foundation’s funds have come largely from individuals and companies associated with the beer, wine and spirits industries and reflects the industry’s concern and commitment for at-risk youth.