The New Hampshire Liquor Commission (NHLC) aims to raise $350,000 for Best Buddies New Hampshire by giving two bourbon fans the opportunity to win a prize package featuring some of the most sought-after bourbons in the world.
NHLC has launched the “Buddy Up! Pappy Goes Old School” Raffle to benefit Best Buddies New Hampshire. Entrants have the chance to win Pappy Van Winkle’s 10-year, 12-year, 15-year, 20-year and 23-year bourbons, in addition to the rare collections of Old Fitzgerald Bottled-in-Bond Decanter Series, Old Forester Birthday Bourbon and O.F.C – Old Fashion Copper Distillery, the original name of Buffalo Trace Distillery — representing a combined secondary-market value of nearly $65,000.
NHLC has raised funds for Best Buddies New Hampshire the past five years by offering prize packages of Pappy Van Winkle bourbons with age statements of 10 to 25 years. Given the rapid pace of sales in 2020 and increased prize package value, NHLC will expand this year’s raffle to 3,500 tickets and include limited-release bourbons, including the 8-, 9-, 13-, 14- and 15-year expressions of the Old Fitzgerald Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon Decanter Series, Old Forester Birthday Bourbon and rare releases of 1994 and 1995 O.F.C Old Fashion Copper Distillery Bourbon Whiskey.
Tickets are on sale from September 15 through October 15 for $100 each. NHLC will select two winners, who will each take home identical prize packages.
Tickets can be purchased at liquorandwineoutlets.com/buddyup.
“Best Buddies New Hampshire performs incredible work throughout our state, providing friendship, support and a social network to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities,” says NHLC Chairman Joseph Mollica. “To benefit this extraordinary organization, this year we truly developed an unprecedented raffle with our largest prize package to date, a testament to our commitment to offer our 12 million annual customers exclusive opportunities to obtain rare and unique products, while also showcasing our dedication to New Hampshire’s nonprofit community.”
NHLC will select two winners and each prize package includes one bottle each of the following products:
- Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 23yr Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 20yr Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 15yr Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Van Winkle Special Reserve 12yr Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Old Rip Van Winkle 10yr Handmade Bourbon
- Old Fitzgerald 15-year Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon Decanter Series
- Old Fitzgerald 14-year Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon Decanter Series
- Old Fitzgerald 13-year Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon Decanter Series
- Old Fitzgerald 9-year Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon Decanter Series
- Old Fitzgerald 8-year Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon Decanter Series
- 1994 O.F.C Old Fashion Copper Bourbon Whiskey
- 1995 O.F.C Old Fashion Copper Bourbon Whiskey
- Old Forester Birthday Bourbon
Winners will also each receive an all-expense-paid trip to New Hampshire to experience the NH Liquor & Wine Outlets’ Distiller’s Week, which includes:
- Two tickets to a Buffalo Trace Tasting Dinner at the Crown Tavern on November 2, 2021
- Two tickets to a NHLC-sponsored tequila and mezcal tasting event on November 3, 2021
- Two VIP tickets to the Distiller’s Showcase of Premium Spirits on November 4, 2021
- Coach airfare or mileage reimbursement
- Hotel accommodations in Manchester, NH (November 2 – 5)
- $300 Gift Card for dining and in-state travel
Best Buddies New Hampshire helps people with intellectual and developmental disabilities experience friendship and build a life-giving social network outside of their families and service providers. The organization’s programming allows students and adults with disabilities to take part in social activities through one-to-one friendships.
“Best Buddies New Hampshire is honored and thrilled to be the beneficiary of the Buddy Up! Pappy Goes Old School Raffle,” says Sarra Dennehy, State Director, Best Buddies New Hampshire. “The tremendous support from NHLC and its customers over the past four years has transformed our organization, helping us introduce truly groundbreaking programs that have transformed the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The proceeds from this year’s raffle will help us lay the groundwork for ETS Services (Employment Transition Services) and ultimately bring the Jobs program to New Hampshire, which will provide highly competitive jobs in a field suited to our client’s individual talents and skills.”
Including the expansion of the School Friendship Program, support from NHLC and its customers has enabled Best Buddies New Hampshire to broaden and enhance its programming across the board, the organization. Best Buddies New Hampshire launched its Citizens program last year, providing friendships for adults with IDD who have aged out of the school system with a peer match in their community. Through this program, Best Buddies facilitates workshops for adults with IDD to empower them to get out into their communities, learn to advocate for themselves, and to develop skills that will help them get the jobs they want and to live the lives they want.
In addition to Best Buddies New Hampshire, NHLC has worked with suppliers and brokers over the past six years to raise more than $3 million for nonprofit organizations making an impact in New Hampshire and beyond, including Crotched Mountain Foundation, New Hampshire Food Bank, Easterseals New Hampshire, Animal Rescue League of New Hampshire, Homes for Our Troops, Operation Care for Troops, Toys for Tots, Granite United Way, Community Foundation Sonoma County, Napa Valley Community Foundation, New Hampshire Food Bank, and the New Hampshire Lodging and Restaurant Association.